Happy New Year Folks!
I hope you all had magical Christmases and wonderful New Years celebrations, being merry and over indulging. I know I did…10 pigs in blankets and far too much fizz! Ops!
As we welcome 2018 we look ahead to new challenges and exciting adventures. Boxing away the festive fun, cleaning the flat from top to bottom and hiding all the naughty treats gave me time to reflect but more importantly begin to set new goals.
I had a quick google to see what the majority of New Years resolutions were and as per it looked like this…
But I did stumble across a list of top 10 tips to achieve your resolutions. I discarded a few but these really struck a chord…
• Only make one resolution
• Don’t attempt previously ‘failed’ resolutions
• Don’t base your goal on what everyone else is doing (MY FAVOURITE!)
• Tell your friends and family what your aiming for
• Give yourself a pat on the back, a small reward for achieving small steps towards your goal
We give ourselves such a hard time, comparing ourselves to others thanks to social media but if you just solely concentrate on you and give yourself the best possible chance then you will be happy and you will succeed!
With that being said here are a few of my targets for the year ahead…
• HAPPY AND HEALTHY THOUGHTS – SMILE EVEN MORE!
• DRY JANUARY
• CHARITY WORK – LOOKING AT AN OPEN WATER SWIM
• STRIVE TO MEET MORE TALENTED DANCERS AS I BOOK MORE WORKSHOPS AT SCHOOLS AND STUDIOS
• BE INSPIRED – BE A BETTER TEACHER – READ MORE, TAKE AN INTENSIVE OR COURSE
• WEDDING PLANNING! (2017 was special I got engaged!)
I wish everyone great happiness in 2018! Here’s to you, achieving what you set out to achieve! Start the year as you mean to go on. Be brave, try something new, something exciting, challenging and rewarding for your body and soul. And as Meghan Markle says ‘Leave room for magic’.
Class is Back: Wednesday 10th January 7:45pm MDI Studio Liverpool £6.